For those of you who know me, I am all about affirmations and quotes. I think they are a big reason why I got “into” creating subway art. So I thought that Sundays would be a perfect day to start sharing my favorite ones with you.
Today I am going to share my top 10 favorite quotes that I just can’t live without. I often repeat these ones if I am feeling down and need a pick me up. They are also featured in my home in varying places so I can have the visual as well! Like I said, I
like, love inspirational quotes.
1. Be the Change you want to see in the World – Ghandi
2. Remember, your are Braver than you Believe, Stronger than you seem and Smarter than you think – A.A. Milne (Winnie the Pooh)
3. Grant your own wishes – Anything worth wishing for, is worth going out and getting for yourself! – I have no idea where I heard this, but I simply love it! You can get this image free from here.
4. It is not happy people who are thankul, but thankful people who are happy – unknown
5. The Sun is up, the Sky is Blue, it’s beautiful and so are You – The Beatles
(This song lyric just fills me with optimism and happiness; it simplifies life in one quick line and reminds me to be a little more grateful and to see the beauty in everything around me, including myslef)
6. Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you’ve imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler. -Henry David Thoreau
7. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. – Mark Twain
8. Life Isn’t about Finding Yourself, Live is about Creating Yourself. – George Bernard Shaw
9. There is a Big Blue Sky waiting right behind the clouds. – Brad Paisley
– This is a very special quote to me. It is from the Cars movie by Disney/Pixar if you think you recognize it. With my first son, I had very severe post partum depression and he LOVED watching cars. This song is played during the short called Mater and the Ghost-light. He would watch it on repeat for forever and this line in that song is something that would help me get through some of my darkest days.
10. Success consists of a series of little daily victories – Laddie Hutar
So there you have it! Every Sunday I intend on sharing quotes that I find meaningful, whether inspirational or not. I’ll try my best to include a little freebie for ya as well! So stay tuned!